Monday, June 6, 2011

Garage Sale Finds

Here are some of the latest items I have picked up at garage sales for my Alice TEa Party display.

This fabulously lovely retro antique phone. It even comes with a long cord to plug in somewhere. LOL and it just might get plugged in.....Alice could be expecting some calls. Price was $2.00...can you believe it?


This metal Sun was a find at $1.00. My hubby Tom decided that it needed to go way up high in the sky. So you will have to look for it someday and see if you can find it.


5 Birdcages picked up from the Chemo Savvy Breast Cancer Survivors annual garage sale. I went to help drop off stuff with my Aunt Sandy and her friend Shirley. Not only did I get to sneak preview all kinds of fabulous finds, but I got the best prices on all of these cages too. Each one was $1.00 each. Tom has already hung them in the trees.
I am hoping to find many more bird cages as I keep searching for crazy items for my displays.

This lovely tea set was what I call a preamo find of the day when I went Garage Sale'ing on Saturday with my dear friend Lydia. We went to the town of St Pierre where it was their annual garage sale event for the whole town. I can't even begin to tell you all of the fun finds we made that day, hopefully Lydia will post some of her treasures too.
This was the first sale we went to in St. Pierre, and a lucky find and lucky price of $3.00. And.....the husband of the seller has offered to be a guest Mad Hatter if ever we need one. I just may take him up on the idea someday.


There's more, lots more, but I can't seem to get it all done in a day so will keep taking pics and posting as I go along.

6 comments:

  1. This is a life sized assemblage! I love the idea! The bird cages are really cool. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds...love the phone...I own a similar type phone myself not as ornate though and it was my house phone in the UK but not plugged in here in Spain as we're unable to have a landline where we are situated...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an avid junque'r I am sooo drooling over your finds!!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finds you made, the phone looks amazing! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete